View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
ACEAV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Whoring for flight time

Originally Posted by jamin35008 View Post
Great Statement! and for those of you who think flying as part of a flight crew can get old.....just think about the little people (like me) who you look to and say there is a mech. problem or a three hour UPDATE for out edct time and thats when I turn around and have to say....for those of you on flt 1234 to xyz Im sorry to say that there is a problem.....and 50-100 pax come running up to the gate to say what f#%$ and your a a#$hole its your fault, this airline sucks, what are you going to do about it...thats when I say I will book you for tomorrow and they say FFFFFFFFFF U I have my wedding tomorrow GET ME THERE TONIGHT! Thats why Im trying my hardest to get into the right seat asap! I hate my job! Anyone who thinks being a pilot sucks, come with work with me for a day and see how you like it! By the way we not only work the gate, but the ticket counter, baggage, ramp, and ops.... gotta love cost saving...one person can do it all. Come join the fun!
Who do you work for and what station are you at? I guess you get just as much fun as I do. Not to mention fighting with crew scheduling/dispatch/maint control, dealing with maintenance personnel, working with mainline to try and squeeze 15 aircrafts into 9 gates, and aircraft/crew swaps. Also dealing with my bitter agents, p/oed pax, some crew members that just think we throw bags, scan boarding cards and eat lunch, and being everywhere at once. Oh did I mention there were no hotels in the area and pax aren't gonna fly out for another 3 days. I can't remember the amount of personal law suits and @$$ beatings I have coming for me. All for about 12 bucks an hour. Anyone wanna switch pm me asap. I don't mind being that "low time" pilot who knows nothing because in a few months, I'll no longer be that guy. Everyone must start somewhere. I'll even throw in a vest with a different color from the reg agents so that you are id as the leader.

Carib, I hope the ride doesn't end for you buddy. Fly it till the wings fall off because You'll never miss the water until the well runs dry.