View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 06:46 AM
PositiveRate20
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
Seeing as F9 already has this, it was only a matter of time. I’d expect to see many more programs like this in the future. The ULCCs will likely start becoming a new (possible) intermediate stop for pilots instead of the regionals. The only difference is that less will be looking to leave once they get on property. Sure, some will. But, unlike being at the regionals and making peanuts, many will begin to find it hard to justify leaving when they are making great money and gaining really good seniority at a growing company. Many will come in with the “this is only temporary attitude”, but many will also be singing a different tune a year or two in. I know I was.
Some will stay. Most will leave unless the contract is on par with the legacies. Most of the people coming from the cadet programs are very young. To stay at a ULCC under current contracts vs going to a legacy will cost them MILLIONS over their career. Not to mention the total lack of operational support relative to the legacies. Why would anyone do that?

Last edited by PositiveRate20; 02-10-2022 at 06:57 AM.