View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 08:48 AM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by bluebird
"1. Farm out some of the OE/IOE to FLL/LGB so that the burden is spread out fairly between the bases (based on hours flown at that base). This may mean that the OE/IOE pilot is basically TDY (in a hotel at JB expense) to that base for IOE, but it does level the burden between the bases. "

We wouldn't want to allow LGB pilots access to the checkairman ranks. What would happen to the very lucrative junkets from the east coast? You know, the ones where a JFK checkairman is paid to DH to LGB crank out a quick line check and DH home. Ahhhh....110 credit hours with a 10% override and premium pay driving me to true airline pilot earning status. Gotta love the system. SOME of us will continue to realize the pay that MOST of us used to enjoy. Just remember - you're lucky to have a job.
You are right, it is a racket! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! The rich get richer, and richer, and richer.... Where is the show me the money program when you need it.

Hey, wouldn't it be cheaper to deahead the LGB pilot to JFK, buy and FO seat (since he wouldn't be needed) and get the line check at JFK, vs what we do now? Hey, the LGB and FLL line guys would get more pay, the FO a day off and we would save the 10% overide for the checkairmen.

Just my opinion....

FNG