View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 11:14 AM
piloto2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by ReadOnly7 View Post
Did you pay my mortgage last month? You buy dinner for my kids? Didn’t think so.

I do understand. I worked for the crappy company that you got your crappy airplanes from. I flew them when they were only SORTA clapped out. I voted down bad TAs in the hopes of more. Strung along with promises of a better contract…..only for Lucy to yank the football out from Charlie Brown over and over, The goal of the regional career is to NOT make it a career. Lifers can fend for themselves and their own decision to settle. If the hiring at Majors wasn’t so crazy, I might agree with what you’re saying…..but anybody who can fog a mirror and doesn’t have too many skeletons should make it out.

In all fairness….I’m also biased. I’d rather see the whole regional model go under. I’d be the first to vote yes to the idea of issuing every c5 pilot a UAL number and stapling the list.
The problem with this mentality is that nobody knows when the music will stop. Your previous employer was making the same claims just months before shutting down (refreshed airplanes, growth, quick upgrades, etc). We got lucky that this latest downturn was relatively quick. When and how long the next one will be is anyone’s guess.