View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 05:46 PM
Lionhaart
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by flypancho View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, more used to PPRUNE in the part of the world I fly on, but thinking about applying to Atlas>

- I understand the pay scheme for year 1, but what about the following years? How many credit hours to expect on average on the 74? What is a FO take home +-?
- Is health insurance also provided to dependents / wife, kids? Is it deducted from the salary or company pays it all?
- Do you have any staff travel / ZED for family as well? If so, is it a good list of airlines?
- Could anyone share inbox a typical roster in the 74?

TIA,

flypancho
Hey FlyPancho,
I'm on the 76 but I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

How many credit hours to expect on average on the 74?
I'd say a good 75 hours easy - perhaps a 74 driver could elaborate. You can get it up 80 hours or more on the 74....not to mention the extra pay opportunities.

What is a FO take home +-?
If you're willing to work more (say around 20 days a month) you can make six figures or more on year 1.
Year 2 you can make 10k+ a month easily on the 74. Heck...I've heard of FOs pulling $20k/month or more year 2.

- Is health insurance also provided to dependents / wife, kids? Is it deducted from the salary or company pays it all?
We have a "catastrophic" health insurance plan that is free and covers the wife and kids. It's pretty good...It covers my wife's birthing costs and more, for example. You can get more health insurance and it would be deducted.

- Do you have any staff travel / ZED for family as well? If so, is it a good list of airlines?
You can only list yourself as far as I know. We usually use our miles to purchase flights for family...as you'll be racking up status on the majors like Delta or American.

- Could anyone share inbox a typical roster in the 74?
It varies quite a bit...and a 74 driver can better answer this for sure. I'd say you can end up doing, say, ANC to INC. Then INC to PVG, to TPE, HKG, back to ANC, then CVG, LAX and back to ANC. I'm just making a wild guess but basically you'll fly internationally each time.