View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 06:24 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Lionhaart View Post
Hey FlyPancho,
I'm on the 76 but I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

How many credit hours to expect on average on the 74?
I'd say a good 75 hours easy - perhaps a 74 driver could elaborate. You can get it up 80 hours or more on the 74....not to mention the extra pay opportunities.

What is a FO take home +-?
If you're willing to work more (say around 20 days a month) you can make six figures or more on year 1.
Year 2 you can make 10k+ a month easily on the 74. Heck...I've heard of FOs pulling $20k/month or more year 2.

- Could anyone share inbox a typical roster in the 74?
It varies quite a bit...and a 74 driver can better answer this for sure. I'd say you can end up doing, say, ANC to INC. Then INC to PVG, to TPE, HKG, back to ANC, then CVG, LAX and back to ANC. I'm just making a wild guess but basically you'll fly internationally each time.
All these are tough questions because the answer may change any day now, right now we are making bank (easy 130-150 credit per month without working any extra, the overtime monsters are hitting 200-250) because of our Covid pay, but no-one knows how long this feast will continue. Assume 4 months from DOH before you actually start making that money. If you think COVID is still a thing 4 months from now, you might see it. I'm not making any predictions on that.

So right now, there are year 1 FOs hitting 30k a month with overtime, and there are lines that guarantee 20k at year 1 FO rates. YMMV.

Typical roster? Hope you like ICN.