View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 12:13 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
Hey folks,

I've been out of the manned cockpit a long time doing the UAV/RPA thing. The career totals page on the Pilot side seems to give me ~1200 hours of primary (~530) + secondary (~360) + student time (~300). Thus I'm eligible for my R-ATP (and have already completed the CTP portion) but am trying to figure out just how much PIC time I've got. As I try to translate my FHR to determine PIC time, is it correct that I only count primary and secondary for time showing MP and not MC? If I add up just my MP Primary and Secondary time, it looks like ~280. It's a shame my 3600 hours of (mostly turbine) RPA time (all PIC/IP/or EVAL) doesn't count.
From an airline perspective only your time as MP counts for PIC. They will want to see your HARM printout. Unfortunately, your RPA time means nothing to them. On the bright side, don’t pay for an ATP check. Let a regional do that. You should be competitive within a year of starting at a regional for a major/legacy. Maybe faster, but your years flying from a shipping container, not a cockpit, aren’t an asset.