View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 08:44 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Frank717 View Post
First of all, congratulations on the interview. Always follow your dreams.
I’ve been here for sometime. It’s a second home for me, and bittersweet. I’m down to a few years and will ride this out, but lots of others are moving elsewhere.

The good, K4 is classic and so are our birds. Getting to fly a 747 is incredible, and a rare thing these days. The pay is alright, though it could always be better. QOL… See below.

The bad, this place goes up and down. Management seems sometimes to be on our (pilots) side, sometimes against every last thing we do. These days, it’s rough. The rumor is we are following the Altas model, keep things bad so guys won’t ride to the end. QOL is poor, I get stuck out often, I have to fight for the extra pay I earn, and I feel that reoccurring issues are never addressed (catering, hotels, etc). I think the lack of 401k matching when compared to industry standard speaks to how much regard they give to the longevity of the pilots.

Side notes; is this better than a regional? Yes! Of course. Great experience to learn to. Good flying, good training and good crews.
Do you have a flow now? I would ride that out.
Do you have a chance for a major? Go. You would be stupid not to.
How do we compare to LLCs or other ACMIs? That’s personal. Do you want to be home- don’t come here. Are you young and single? Come here and see the world.
"The Atlas model"?

You know almost no CAs are resigning right now from Atlas? So they most definitely are all riding it out.