View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 01:53 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
You arent gonna bang your hand on the table and demand anything happen. The only way you're going to talk rates and schedule first is if you agree you want no changes to previous sections.

Youre kind of at that frustration level people get to that want to know more. Usually a patient volunteer can let you tell them how it "should be" and just give you the pros and cons. Truth is, until you volunteer and see the daily back and forths you dont really grok the RLA negotiating concept. Also, at some point, pilots of all ages and experience levels should have some concept of what a negotiation is vs a stickup.
I've been through the process through it's conclusion. I know how it works. I am saying the tradition set by the industry past, the NMB and the RLA has structure that is unnecessary in the modern age of communication. The entire PWA can be open and the NMB can monitor the flow remotely. No other contract Delta chooses to enter takes years to negotiate. The monster AMEX deal took less than a month. The "tradition" is a boat anchor we seem to just accept along with all the other dinosaurs that the union sees as required.