Thread: Grant Aviation
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 06:12 PM
Quyana
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Default Current Pilot

I currently fly for Grant. I have worked for Grant for almost a decade. I was here when paychecks were bouncing and parts were in short supply. Times have changed. We have over 20 caravans now, some sleds, some airvans, a few working Navajos and usually one of our King airs is up.

Entry level: sled or airvan pilots will be two on two off in Bethel. Some pilots will eventually go to King Salmon, Emmonak or Dillingham to fly the sled if Grant sees fit. Pay is good now meaning most people can at least pay their bills as an entry level pilot. The pay sheet on this website is up to date. Count on getting anywhere from 10-20 hrs of bonus a shift. Sometimes more in the summer but everything is weather predicated.

Caravan drivers: usually get upgraded at atp mins. Bonus is usually 20-30 hrs per shift. Most stay in Bethel as the other stations require less pilots and could be competitive to be placed there.

Flying on the chain (Aleutians) : this is our Navajos and king airs with the exception of king salmon which runs caravans and sleds. Usually more experience required but not always. Bonus varies on weather last shift I got 25 hrs bonus sometimes I only get 10-15.

Overall Grant is an awesome place to fly. There are a lot of flying challenges as any Alaska pilot knows. Company issues are to be expected as with any place of employment but Grant cares about it’s people and it’s customers. They have always treated me right and if your excited about an adventure it’s a good place to be.

If your already an Alaska pilot you know the deal. Some love it some hate it. Shoot me an email if you ever have some questions. I’d love to help in anyway I can.