View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC

jelloy,

It's two different types of enjoyment. I have really enjoyed flying for the airlines, however, i also really enjoyed the freedom and flexibility (after my training) when instructing in either picking the destinatinos for the students, or allowing them to choose something, and saying "sure, lets go". Was always enjoyable, taking light twins to get good southern cookin down at lamberts cafe, dodging thunderstorms at night without a radar, but knowing that when ATC said they were painting an area of intense precipitation 12 o'clock that you weren't "possibly above it" holds a special place to me.

Like Mesabah, i too was hired at a good time in the regionals, at the front wave of the hiring boom. As a result, im sitting in the left seat at 24 years old, making a "livable" wage, and truly enjoy flying...just trying to enjoy my 10 days off a month. but eh, what you'll learn is, that it is what you make it. And as a capt. i flew with once said. "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."