View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 07:49 AM
Av8er1550
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Stay with the airlines or go 91...

I have a unique 91 job offer. Full-time, great pay, great benefits, and a great schedule. It checks all the boxes for me. We are dissolving the fleet I'm currently flying that keeps us domestic (121 freight ACMI). I have flown airlines for the past 6 years and bi*** just like others, but it hasn't been too bad. I just didn't know if I really wanted to do heavy international, so I started looking around. Am I ridiculous for wanting to transition to a 91 job from the cargo side of the airlines? The way I see it, if I don't like it, I can finally get my degree, check a couple more boxes, and move on to hopefully a major. If I do like it, it could be a great long term situation if everything pans out. It won't just be one owner going on pleasure trips, it's for a corporation that has been around for 30 years and is in the trucking industry. Anyways, just wanted to gather some thoughts. I enjoy flying heavies, but I don't really want to do 15-18 hour legs :/ .. this has been a huge fork in the road I've been at! Thanks in advance for the advice.