View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 08:44 AM
Av8er1550
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
“Unique” is not an unmixed blessing. You might be hitching your future to a good deal, but it does have a single point failure mode. A large airline with lots of slots carries furlough and other risks, but even if the company goes bankrupt it is likely to be resurrected through reorganization eventually, and you’ll still have a seniority number. But a lot depends on your age, risk tolerance, family situation, and number of years until retirement. Too many variables for anyone to give any pat answer.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I totally understand the job security with staying at an airline. I think the airlines will be hiring quite a bit for the next decade so losing just two years of seniority where I'm at is worth the risk of finding potential greener pastures. I just have friends going to the majors and here I am considering 91. So, I'm just making sure that I'm seeing it from all angles. We all have our moments to where we want to explore in hopes of finding "home". And I don't currently feel that.