View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 08:59 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
Not trying to start a fight, or change any ideas that might come out of you guys brainstorming, but theres a couple things to keep in mind youre negotiating against.

For one, we as pilots arent negotiating against other pilot groups and we cant sell our services collectively to United. We dont get the kind of business relationship with management the guys who sell us fuel get. We won't either. They are the employer, we are the employee. I hate to offer this up because it will cause some other conversations, but the only way to fix that relationship with management is to have one union, one seniority list, across all unions. Probably wildly unpopular but i dont like bringing up problems without a starting place for a solution (even if unrealistic).
This is the mind set I'm trying to shift. You have a lifetime contract, but you only get to adjust your pay every 4-6+ years. It's actually a many lifetimes contract but will apply for your entire career and everyone else's, now and in the future without end. I don't care that we can't sell our services elsewhere. This is exactly the justification for the change and my reason for determining a change is necessary.

You (1)can't realistically market your services once you are locked into your employer by seniority, and you (2)can't withdraw your service when the terms become amendable, and you (3)must work for existing wages for an undefined future period.

Again, (perpetual) indentured servitude.

Last edited by notEnuf; 02-21-2022 at 09:10 AM.