View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 07:32 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
You should go to Ukraine and sign up for their armed forces since you feel so strongly.

Both the Ds and Rs in the U.S., no matter how hawkish they are, know that there are probably about 10 people, total, such as yourself, in this country that would actually agree, that after the catastrophes of Iraq and Afghanistan more of our young should be sent to die or develop PTSD in order to "save" another corrupt bassackwards country and prop up another dictator (nobody seems to care about the dictator to our north that's willing to freeze people to death that disagree with him, but that's ok I guess).

If Putin wanted the whole thing, he'd have taken it already. This war has been going for 8 years. Also Ukraine isn't even a "democracy", none of these countries we spread "democracy" to, are, or will ever be democracies. If elections do happen, the candidates are always CIA supported, and if a non-CIA candidate does manage to win, he's never the good guy that will do what his people actually may want and the country always ends up needing another dose of "democracy". This is nothing but a distraction from the failures of the Brandon regime at home and a distraction for those that like living in clown world from what the clown to the north of us is doing to actual peaceful protestors.

As I said, $150 oil is what we need to end this horse manure once and for all. Anyone who wants to go fight in a regional conflict between foreign countries should be able to go sign up for the armed forces of their chosen country, if they so choose, otherwise 5TFU.
I am not at all saying we need to send troops there now to fight Russians. In fact, I've explicitly said we shouldn't. I don't know how hard that is to read.

And if Putin wanted the whole thing, he'd have taken it? Well this certainly is an interesting development, isn't it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ad-2022-02-22/

Finally, I'm not big on comparing present day things to Hitler BUT, outside of the atrocities he committed, this move is looking very similar to the lead up to World War 2. He annexes Austria and then goes to "rescue" German speaking people of Czechoslovakia. But it's okay because that's all he was interested in doing, right? Uniting the original Bohemia and that's it. Does that sound familiar? We've seen this before and it didn't work out well for Europe. Autocrats who are just looking to "save" their people have other plans and inaction by the "free west" will result in us being forced to engage militarily to defend ourselves and our European allies.