View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 08:28 AM
chihuahua
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
​​​
Have I accidentally flipped on NewsMax? Tucker? Is that you? Imaging flying a 4 day with this clown. Jesus.

It kills me how the right wing mass media has brainwashed my fellow conservatives into loving Russia and dictators like Putin. It's really too bad none of you lived through the Cold War and Reagan era. You'd realize Russia isn't our friend.
I don't love Russia, or Putin. He is a tyrant.

But instead of looking at Russia, lets look in the mirror for a second. Has the government, working with large corporations (fascism) not destroyed the lives of many Americans over the last two years over a virus that was was basically 100% survivable with mild symptoms, if you were anywhere close to healthy and forced people to take a pharmaceutical product that they may have not needed or wanted?
Did the government working with large corporations (fascism) not actively work to make the pandemic of that virus much worse by actively blocking cheap, generic treatments for covid that were actually used by doctors to treat those who did become very ill, and were given away for free in kits in many poor countries.
Did state and local tyrants around the country not violate the principles of due process and the Bill of Rights when they decided who should and shouldn't be able to make a living or even exercise their 1st Amendment rights to assembly?
You may not agree with me because you were afraid, but that doesn't make what I said un-true.

And then we have our friendly neighbors to the north whose legal system apparently allows them to freeze bank accounts of those who donated to a peaceful protest movement that burned down no buildings and destroyed no property, all without due process, all because the Prime Minister had the nasty blue collar folks that are in his servant class show up at this doorstep and demand to speak. That's ok I guess because that particular tyrant is "saving lives", just like Pfizer told him to.
We won't talk about the fact that the main reason that people should be forced to take Pfizers product is because it protects others, proved itself to be untrue basically right away (and the real scientists would tell you that this was never even something that could have been possible). It's all very Putinesqe, Stalinesque, Hitleresque, whoever you want to compare it to. They're all the same.

Maybe when we get our legal system and national conscience to say that everything that I stated above is not acceptable, then we can worry about democracy in other countries. But first, lets get our own house in order.