View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
WIFlyer
11 soon to be 10 days off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Left seat, wait right seat, no no left seat, nope right seat! Ummmm, I guess I am confused

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
This is a young mans game here, I wouldn't recommend anyone older than 25 starting at a regional. This businesses' pay rates will just not progress fast enough for anyone past the age of 25 to enjoy the life they want to lead. I was lucky enough to get the timing right and become a jet captain at 23 years old. I make more money than most of my peers right now, and flying is rather satisfying. Although, if you are the type of person that has to be around family all the time, this career will eat you alive no matter how much it pays.
That all depends on what "the life you want to lead" is. I started at a regional at the ripe old age of 34 and am doing just fine. I am still a FO on first year pay and I am doing fine and leading the life I want to live (for me simple pleasures do it and I don't need too much money). So, if you are looking to make a lot of money then no, this isn't the gig for you. However, if you want to do what you love, have a good schedule, work with good people and have fun at work then maybe it is.