View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 04:03 PM
twomilefinal
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by flyguy0246 View Post
Bumping this thread with regards to the insane recovery this industry has seen in the past few months. Out flying the line for cape air, and find the flying to be so repetitive at this company, that I’m not building the same “experience” that I was hoping. Also, the QOL here isn’t as good as a traditional 121 regional. I don’t mind the “grind”, but worry that even time here will put me behind the curve once I’m out of here since even the scheduled 135 multi pic time, is only in piston aircraft, not turbine or 121
Bumping this thread again. I am in the same position as the OP, I took the upgrade and I'm 3 months into my 15-month contract. Pilots are leaving this company 'en masse' and it's very hard to stay knowing that it's really part 121 turbine time I need to go to a legacy. Also, the amount of the contract wasn't discussed earlier but it's $30,000 non-pro-rated. Also, I have a class date in April for my choice regional. 1650TT. Currently getting 135 PIC multi-piston time. 27 YO. The ultimate goal is widebody Legacy.

Once again, I would like to hear opinions on making the sacrifice ($30,000) now to get on board with the seeming elevator to the top (regional then legacy).

If I paid out, I would have literally no money outside of my retirement accounts to weather another black swan... but if things continue to get better I could live off a regional FO salary. (No debt or family)

Another few options would be, getting on with a ULCC or NetJets in March of 2023 with about 2600TT and 1100 135 PIC multi-piston. This would be the most profitable route. But, my fear is that this might put me 1 year behind others getting on with regionals now and ~1000 seniority numbers... and I would still have to interview for that position vs my regional class date I just need to accept or decline.

Looking for others career choices, advice, thoughts, and maybe another option I haven't thought of.

Thanks!