View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
MrBigAir
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Default Current address vs. permanent address

We're all pilots here, so be sympathetic.

For the purposes of job applications (ex. airline apps.com), what's the difference between my current address and my permanent address in the following real-life scenario.

Pilot Cert.'s and Medical are and always have been registered in state A, parent's house- which can double as a mailing address, and has for the past few months, and has for the past few years for the real important stuff.

Car and Driver's license are in state B, which has a P.O. Box with mail being forwarded to state A. Car was going to expire in state A, and I didn't have time to get it back in time to re-register/inspected, so went with next best option.

I spend all my non-work time in state C, with a P.O. Box mailing address about to be opened with this address being used for paychecks, magazines, etc.

I'm thinking that current address is state C. My permanent address is state A, because that's where my FAA stuff has always been based out of. (I move way to often and too much to keep updating the Feds, I can't seem to stay in front of the base closures), they can always find me at state A.

Who cares about state B, until my car registration runs out, and then I'll swap it to state A, since the car will never go to state C, but I just can't do that anytime soon.

Thoughts? Trying not to screw myself here.

(I know, complicated, but hey, my base closed on me almost overnight and I've been living out of my bag and in airplanes ever since with all my stuff in storage trying to figure something out, and it seems state C is going to be the final answer for another year, at least. Just lots of things colliding at once.)

Thanks in advance...