View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 08:59 AM
Tiki09
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by AVIATOR3 View Post
Here is a question for the application before the interview.

I had a engine failure in flight (oil line came loose and showered the engine with oil, lost all pressure) in a multi engine A/C. Landed without incident shortly after.
Filed an ASAP. Never heard nothing else from the company or the FAA.

In the application it asks about incidents, but right above it says “FAA actions against you” , although not an action against me, I believe it is an incident.

Thanks for any input.
---
49 CFR 830.2

Aircraft accident means an occurrence associated with the operation of an aircraft which takes place between the time any person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight and all such persons have disembarked, and in which any person suffers death or serious injury, or in which the aircraft receives substantial damage.

Incident means an occurrence other than an accident, associated with the operation of an aircraft, which affects or could affect the safety of operations.
---

I do not believe an engine failure constitutes an incident if there was no other complications, damage, or injury. Makes a great story for sure. When it doubt, call pilot recruitment and ask. That's always the right answer. Anything else is advice from random people on the internet...

That being said, I had an engine failure, didn't put it in the incidents section of the app, told the story at the interview. I imagine if you didn't get interviewed, investigated, pee tested, etc, it's unlikely to be an incident.