View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
MTOP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: CEO

Originally Posted by DrPepper View Post
Training contracts aren't legal unless you sign a promisary note to go along with that. Unless the original contract had a payment plan i.e you will repay us in 6 month period or 12 month period you should worry about it. If they do bring you to court and the court require you to pay it back, you can use a statment like "when i'm financially able to, I'll pay you back." Use that as you agreement, then screw them by paying like $1 per year.

Also, if training contract were legal them Mcdonals and Burger King would have them too. Only an airline could get away with saying I payed for you training to do this job so you have to stay and you cant leave to go benifit yourself elsewhere. You dont see Mcdonals and Burger King sendiing out letters saying "we trained you on our fryer and now u are going to Wendy's to benifit youself. LOL
Bull****. As long as the contract is entered into by mutually consenting parties who are competent to do so , there is mutual intent to enter into it and there is consideration, it is valid, unless the court finds a defect in the contract itself.