View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 10:59 AM
MrWizard
Puppet on a String

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Smile The dismantling of XOJET

I left XOJET a few months ago as well. (Yes, Chase, I was baiting you to see your reply above.)

IMO, the start of the decay of XOJET wasn't so much the acquisition by Vista .. but the move of the SOC from Sacramento to Fort Lauderdale. A very large percentage of the MCC team declined to make the move to Florida, and as a result a large amount of tribal knowledge was lost. This started the revolving door, particularly with respect to the most critical position in the SOC, oops now the OCC.

Having had the "luxury" of seeing how Vista operates and values its employees, it is not surprising to me that they chewed through three other operators in the US before inheriting the FAA certificate of XOJ with the acquisition.

It's generally considered bad form to bash one's previous employer. So let's just say that the XOJET that people previously admired, is no more.

I really want to say more here but I shouldn't. So I'll stay off the soapbox, and in the meantime, I will also cast my gaze on the corporate Amex card they sent me in my name, several months after I left.