View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Gunfighter, Have you seen the combined business plan? Rumor is that it requires a lot more hiring then the two companies would hire if they don't merge. To start they need 300 to 500 more pilots for the work rule transition to Delta. The merger annoucement is expected to come with a large wide body aircraft order for near term delivery. Wide bodies are the key to growth. Delta staffs narrow body domestic at 10 pilots per aircraft. 777's are staffed at 30 pilots per aircraft. NWA brings the ability to expand quickly in the orient. Most future Delta growth will be to Africa. We already fly to most European cities. Africa is limited by the political situations there. There is some concern that with the new aircraft coming available the Tokyo hub does not have the value it once had but I think the far east expansion would be much quicker and more with NWA then without. Personally I am against the merger because of where i sit on the list and the fact it can't do much if anything for me. If I were junior I would take a long look at what it might offer and the hazards of going it alone. Wait until the plan is annouced. Take a look at all aspects of the plan and then decide if you will support it or not.
what is it about your work rules that would require 300-500 more pilots?