View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 08:19 PM
Flystraight
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: CE-750
Default Frontier, Southwest, or Delta?

If you had CJOs at all three- which would you choose? I have 33 years to give to the 121 world and I’m looking to find a place to ride that out.

FRONTIER- I live in TPA so being based at home is high on my list which Frontier would provide. Also think this merger with spirit will be fantastic for the company down the line. I really think it will be one of the biggest carriers in the states down the road since the ULCC market has barely broken ground compared to Europe. Downside is first year pay is offensive compared to the others.

DELTA- It’s delta. Hard to pass up on it with lots of career left. Having non rev benefits to fly to Europe to visit my family over there is a huge factor for me as well. Once you’ve had Delta One it’s hard to go back. Atlanta isn’t a bad commute from TPA either once I’m able to hold ATL.

SOUTHWEST- The upgrade would take forever but I love their culture and the fact that they have 5 billion in cash reserves and am sure they will have big plans for the future. Would have to drive to MCO for my trips once I am senior enough to hold it.

I have a young family at home so being on reserve would be tough at first but it would be manageable. I’m trying to plan for the future. Money is important but QOL is too.

As always, it’s hard betting on the right horse so if you guys have any insight I would greatly appreciate it.