Old 03-05-2022, 07:34 AM
Margaritaville
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by marcal View Post
When the FAs who don’t make a lot and can completely replace their salary outside of DL easily threaten to strike and raise a stink after they’re unionized you’ll wish that they had stayed non union and have your couple of percent back.

Im not at all opposed to the FAs being treated well and comped well but, I don’t want them unionized solely for the power they would legally wield. It doesn’t take much to look around the industry and see that one reason other airlines that have issues are in part due to unions among multiple labor groups. They almost never win their battles and take so much focus away from actually running a business. They protect terrible employees and empower them as well. Look at what just happened at UAL yesterday! Two awful FAs got fired and sued and won 2M! They were awful bc they didn’t have to be good. It was almost impossible to get rid of them and when they did they sued and won.

And yes, I want and like our union.

And yes, this makes me a hypocrite and I know it.

Still don’t want them unionized.
Thread creep but go fly AA or UAL if you don't believe this. Surly FAs who don't give a crap because they know they can't [easily] be fired.

AA's FA union recently grabbed the company by the balls and refused to do full service "because covid". Now first class meals are thrown at the passengers wrapped in plastic on the one and only service during a 4 hour flight.

Delta has the best FAs in the business and there's a big reason for that. They have to care and perform or they are out. It should stay that way.