View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 06:54 AM
JJDriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

One of the best things about NJ is you live where you want. For now there’s still the 100 base system for new hires vs HBA for the majority of pilots. But many tend to live where they want, not for basing/work reasons. We do have busier bases called green bases that I believe allow for shorter tours on the CC schedules. I’ve always been 7/7 so perhaps someone else could expand.

There are some bases that are more remote that may up your chances of an after midnight, although some bases come with strings attached and they may not be available to new hires.

I’ve flown with CMH based pilots who have changed their base to another one nearby to after getting seat filler duties at FlightSafety.

Otherwise I don’t know if there’s many huge differences. I think east coast might be a little busier than west coast and obviously the big cities would be busier than the outlying airports. That may help you get to an airplane quicker and start making FDP.

There’s probably some other reasons, but NJ is never short on variables or unpredictability so personally I’d move where you want to live or be close to family.