View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 05:14 AM
cornerpocket
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Thanks for the insight

Originally Posted by reservelyfe View Post
...Finally "made it" after all these years, but found that I'm still just not into it. The options are to work as little as possible, save money and find fulfillment elsewhere or make a change. One thing that makes the former difficult is that the airline life is pretty disruptive.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I left the regionals a few years back and am actually contemplating going back to the airlines. It's not a matter I'm taking lightly. I know the downsides of the pilot lifestyle. I am currently in an office job and I am no longer feeling "into it". A couple of key reason for my own personal disengagement are: having to work within the confines of Sr. Management's business decisions no matter how much those choices undercut efforts to reach goals [like willfully choosing to under-staff], hitting the glass ceiling, "Meh" pay & benefits [most regional CA's have better pay], and as I get older, I ask myself where do I go if my position is eliminated when I am in my 50's? My company eliminated quite a few positions for "older" people during COVID. Outside of flying, I don't have any hard skill sets like engineering, software/IT, Chemistry, etc. But maybe most of those problems could be "solved" by running your own company? YMMV.