Old 03-08-2022, 09:37 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

I think all the Fractionals hire 65+ pilots, remember it's not Part 121 but Part 91K or 135. And the HondaJet isn't going to do much other than Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I doubt it has HF Radio capability. At NetJets we couldn't fly the BeechJet or Phenom 300 to Bermuda because we've have a 20 minute or so gap with no VHF comms. And our Light Cabin Jets did 99% of their flying in the 48 states.

If Volato is like other Fractionals they're going to be more concerned how you're going to react to having to do all the stuff you never worried about before, like cleaning the inside of the jet after a pax leg, stocking the galley, setting up catering, etc. I flew with some great over 65 folks but there were a number who bailed once the reality of having to do all that hit them.

Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello....................question on Volato hiring

Any chance that Volato will interview and hire a ICAO age 65 + experienced flight crewmember ????? I would like to go to work there; but.....I cannot fly international.
Extensive domestic and international experience, 2 heavy jet types, 3 college degrees and no accidents or incidences.

Do I have a chance ?? I live in N. Texas

Wright cyclones - - - the sound of freedom