Thread: LOA17 is out
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 03:52 PM
capt707
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by KNOTAPILOT View Post
I think you asked me about why I said weak scope. The growth was that. Do you feel confident the company won’t do the base minimum to meet such metrics in order to keep the NEA going. You know they’ll also extend that NEA too. I don’t see enough scope protection and I see too much lost for what is a 3 percent raise and a one time 6k bonus. We’re also not mentioning the most important aspect of it all, profit sharing. I’ll give them the bonus back and the 3 percent if they’re so confident the NEA is good then pay us from the extra earnings it generates. Realistically all I see is the usual corporate greed while they still sell us on the “caring value”
Oh, I'm sure they will absolutely do the base min. to meet the metrics, but as long as they meet the metrics, we keep growing, which to me means job protection. As far as renewing the NEA, look at the TA language now. If they don't meet the growth metrics, the NEA is done in 2025, unless the union gives them consent (sounds like an opportunity for us!).