Thread: LOA17 is out
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 06:36 PM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by capt707 View Post
I wouldn't even compare this to the LOA 13 vote, because 13 was a complete disaster. Actually, this whole mess started with LOA 12, and after the pushy sales job of 13 that was the final nail in the coffin. I think a lot voted Yes because of the fear... fear of furlough and/ or fear of the unknown and how this AA partnership would really affect us. The No votes came from pilots only fixating on the $$ (as usual), and a certain mgmt person saying they would go ahead with the NEA regardless of the vote, which led us to where we are now, a grievance settlement or an arbitrator ruling. I think people fail to see that JB was actually able to implement the majority of the NEA without violating any parts of our scope, except section F7 and F8. The entire NEA is not a violation of our scope. A small part of it is. We still have Scope protection! IF this TA fails to ratify, the arbitrator will most likely rule that F8 (Focus2Focus City) is a violation and order a remedy, I'm guessing cease and desist. The NEA will continue and we get no contractual gains outside of section 6. One more thing most are forgetting as well. AA and JB are still getting sued by the DOJ and 6 states over the NEA. That trial starts in September. Read the TA definitions of "material change" and the section talking about it. This TA is not tied to the outcome of the DOJ lawsuit, as a matter of fact, if the DOJ rules against the NEA this TA will help us. Do your own research by getting the facts from the people that were on the inside when this was negotiated and reach out to your reps. Bottom line. either we will make the decision or the arbitrator will.
What contractual gains? It's F7 and F8 for the life of the NEA vs 12-24 months of 3%. That doesn't sound like a good deal to me...