View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 07:02 PM
KnownTraveler
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: Paid to fly airplanes

Originally Posted by immolated View Post
I find this info extremely useful for applicants so I'll start with my data point.

1501 total time, 1400 TT, 1300 MEL, 500 PIC. Submitted to all majors 3/6/22. Nothing yet but will update.

Someone who got an email recently, what were your hours?
Trying to predict if and when you'll get a call is tricky these days, as each company has it's own timeline, process, priorities, etc. And these change from month to month. The traditional "hours stats" don't really work anymore, as long as you meet the required company minimums. Things like regional background, military experience are becoming more important than the traditional flight hour metrics.

As an example, on military forums, I'm seeing more and more guys with significant helicopter time getting invites directly to the majors, which wasn't always the case.

My point is, it's harder to crack the code on what these companies are hiring against. The good news is, they are currently hiring in droves. The best you can you do is to put yourself in the best position to get hired by your target companies. I recommend having someone look at your resume and applications, whether it's someone who has gone through the process or looking into a paid service. Take time to assess your history weaknesses and be ready to discuss them or answer them in your application in a way your target company will receive favorably.

But I digress.

To answer your original post:
Applied to 3 majors - received invites from 2 within 1-3 weeks of posting.
7450 Total
7420 Turbine
7330 ME
3600 PIC

These numbers probably don't help your analysis, but I've been anecdotally seeing plenty of folks with your experience getting the call.

Get as many eyes on your resume and apps as you can to make sure you're not missing something. If you're still waiting, attend aviation conferences and talk to recruiting teams.

Keep your apps up to date, and you'll probably get the call if you haven't already.