View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 11:16 AM
echelon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Correct. But I don’t think there are any majors with a MCD rig fwiw. JetBlue used to only have a duty period average guarantee. So, take off in the evening from JFK. Land in ABQ. Off for 24 hours,. Fly the redeye back. Get in at 7am and be done. Covers 3 calendar days, but only 2 duty periods. Pays 11 hours. When jetblue got their ADG (avg daily guarantee) in the last CBA, they kept the duty period guarantee as well, I believe to protect against having 2 duty periods in a day to pay each as a full day’s work (say a 0001 show and a flight ending at 0300, rest, then a short evening flight…that would have to pay 2 duty periods even tho it’s on the same calendar day). As there are no other majors who have a MCD, the jetblue negotiators said it wasn’t achievable for the last CBA negotiations.

My opinion (not an AS guy) is that all 3 have their place (as do trip and duty rigs). I believe a 6 hour ADG and DPA, plus a 4-5 hour min calendar day, should be standard. Hopefully you all (and the rest of us) make progress on that front.
I hope so too, but the current proposal is 5:30 ADG and NO min day.

If anyone is reading this and agrees that Section 25 (and Section 4 for ADG vs min day) of that term sheet need serious work, please don't just whine about it on the internet, take the 5min to text it or email it to your rep.

My biggest fear at this point is that too many people take their complaints only to the forums for too long and then a TA comes out that's majorly disappointing but still passes by a narrow margin. And then we're hosed for another 3 years at least.