View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 06:31 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by zippinbye View Post
A TOS for Hangar Talk says "No discussion of politics or religion." Of all the topic areas on APC, this one seemed like the most logical to begin a talk on something that is or will become political. Let's face it, political stuff is imbedded in many places throughout APC, and the mods often let it run. This is a legit question; where can I go to talk about NOTAMS and changes at the top of the FAA, etc? These sound like purely aviation-centric topics, but since certain parties are injecting radical political ideology into our cockp, I mean flight decks, shouldn't there be a "safe place" where taking the men out of airmen can be talked about? I'm on a mission to find out ... air mission that is!
This is an open mic for the semi-anonymous. A media business for stakeholders. Censored for content yet revealing in ways intended & unwitting. When trolls, bots, the berserk bombard threads to blather, mods do their best. NOTAMS, serious topic. Departed a lit, CLSD RWY repositioning from a charter more than 20 years ago, cleared construction equipment parked out in the far end darkness just because it wasn't my/our time.