View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
N2rotation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: XJT furloughed due to non-ALPA undercutting

For anyone that thinks a regional is a regional, PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the XJT pilot contract which has been referred to as industry leading for the RJ. It's a large attachment, 419 pages to be exact.

After checking it out hopefully you will think 'wow, I guess all regionals aren't the same.'

...because they arent. While you are 'building time' (a flight school term) you are flying hundreds passengers a day from city to city, creating profit for your airline, and million dollar paychecks for your CEOs at your respective codeshare. Colgan isn't a time building scheme, its a business that needs to be respected. An ILS down to mins in a 737 is the same as a Q400, so stop rationalizing that 'it's just a regional' less. Why do I care? I care because for every dude that wants to come in and do my job for less, undercut our contract and put my job in jeopardy needs to realize thats not right.

Do you think your passengers and their loved ones want the pilots up front to be 'building time' thinking about their dream legacy job, or to be 'flying professionally' ? Express, Connection, Airlink, whatever, you do the same job as mainline so start thinking like it, and stop undercutting it. Does United have a United Pilot Development Program?

Last edited by N2rotation; 03-11-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: addition