Thread: ABX Air Latest
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 10:44 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
UPS/FedEx, people want to work their for the rest of their lives, they have leading pay, retirements, they are final destination airlines. In this forum, we are not talking about a final destination airline.
But hey, I get it. I've done my fair share of asking for rides, which is why I went back to 135/DOD work for the last 11+ years. I can find nothing worse in life than checking loads, showing up at 6am to start schlepping for a ride knowing that on the list of priority, step-great grandchildren from some old crusty mainline guys 4th marriage, ride before I do on a flight that is sold at 110%. So, if I do come back to 121, it'll nice to know what time I have to be at the airport, to hop on like any other Dick or Jane. That carries a lot of water for me.
Agree wholeheartedly as I had a Capt at Brown attempt to lure me with their “travel bank” thang. Maybe he was Purple, didn’t matter as everything is already handled for my laziness - hotel included. Easily ended that discussion with: What if your planned flight cancels for weather, maintenance or just simply cancels who calls you? I head back home or to a hotel and someone else figures it out period. Guaranteed seats and hotel is half the pressure of doing our job and my job is flipping switches not Scrat relentlessly chasing that nut - just speaking for myself. Absolutely no pressure except for - will my bag fit on tiny jets…? I would have left our outfit if we had lost this Golden Ticket. Water is life for me.

*I do understand many trips at Purple and Brown start and end with travel arrangements and that’s awesome, but not all. I only use the search function to adjust ours and make things better if needed.

Last edited by C17B74; 03-16-2022 at 10:58 PM.