View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 01:19 PM
Octaflugaron
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by av8or View Post
“Conscripted”??? Victim much?

the fact that you care about what someone else packs to eat on the road, or chooses to not be your “layover entertainment buddy” is breathtakingly unprofessional. A bunch of us have a life and priorities outside our job at at Alaska (families, other businesses we run etc). That doesn’t come to a screeching halt just to make sure you or Jenny/Jim in the back enjoy your 45 hr Newark layover are more enjoyable. And, also, even if you are an amazingly enjoyable conversationalist during the 6 hr ETOPS, they just wanna turn on “1883”, drink a beer and relax. Either way, the fact that you somehow feel entitled to THEIR time not flying, and if they don’t give it to you they’re not being “present with their crew” is unbelievable. We’re supposed to be adult professionals here.

I genuinely love 99.999% of the crews I fly with here. I think we have awesome people truly. Sometimes it works out to go hang. Sometimes it doesn’t. Sorry brother, It’s not 1965, you aren’t Di Caprio, and layovers aren’t a scene from Catch Me if You Can.

Nailed it. Thank you! Some people are entitled and incredibly shallow. Thank for saying what I was dying to say when I read that crap. Conscripted...that took the cake.

- Octa