View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 11:40 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flyer0193 View Post
I’m not opposed to the 15/13, however, would like to know how much of that 15 is airport/hotel standby and how often are you called to fly on your off days.
Hey Flyer,

While it may be fleet dependent, you can count on flying most if not all those days, but maybe not day 1 or 15.. It just depends. Like my colleague said, if we don’t have a trip assigned the next day, then we ask for a late checkout from the hotel.. Since most of us are Hilton Diamond or Marriott Titanium members, that means a 2 PM or 4 PM late checkout. By that time, we normally know if we need to extend our hotel rooms or to head to the airport for a trip. But no, we do very little FBO Rot compared to many of our competitors/partners. As busy as things are now, I don’t expect to spend much time sitting in the hotel to the point that I no longer bring my PlayStation with me.

Our days off are days off, so they can’t make you fly, but often ask for volunteers. Currently, bonus pay for flying or training on a day off is $750 SIC/$1000 PIC. Super bonus days are $1000 SIC/$1500 PIC, and Christmas/New Years are $2000/$2500.

*ASTERISK* - Our VP of Flight Ops just sent out an email to please work with them on sim training scheduling due to a shortage of sim slots and available sim instructors, and they are paying Bonus Day pay, not just Daily Rate, if you train on a scheduled day off. The way this Company is, I am sure that they will work with you if you couldn’t do so as they have worked with me personally. But I wanted to include this * as an occasional disclaimer.

Otherwise, no, they don’t mess with you on your days off. Have I gotten home a day late? Yes, 3 times in 4 years but 2 of those were the fault of my 2 leg Regional commute home. I have gotten home a day earlier much more often than my 3 days late, but I haven’t kept track of how often I get home a day early. I guess my answer would be “a lot”…