View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 10:57 AM
skybolt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by grumman
Got the good news call today!! I guess the board met yesterday. Don't know at all about % that were hired.

Also, chief pilot who called me said that for next month only type rated applicants are being interviewed because they don't anticipate a very long pool due to increased hiring forecast.

Best of luck to all the rest. I don't know the magic myself.

G.

There is no magic. However, LUCK is quite important. Until the prep services find a way to help you choose your PD interviewer, LUCK will continue to play a major role in the way SWA hires pilots. The pilots are trying to play in someone elses park (HR) so they are mostly trying to get to know you instead of reading the tea leaves that prove your personality type that the TMAAT process is intended to accomplish. The PD people, on the other hand, are attempting to eliminate you. If you get lucky and draw a PD interviewer having a good week, you'll do OK. If you happen to get a PD interviewer who just got dumped by a pilot, or who enjoys the power of their position, you might have a slightly more difficult time. Nothing else explains SWA's hiring decisions; enough inconsistency exists to point to luck as a major determining factor.

Asbestos underwear firmly in place.
Skybolt