Thread: LOA17 is out
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 01:36 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
On the contrary, a YES vote shows the company that they can violate our scope at will, drag out the 60-day grievance process for over a year, and then buy us off (or at least 51% of us) for pennies on the dollar.

A YES vote doesn’t lock in our scope for the duration of the NEA, it just invites further erosion.

That’s just where our opinions differ; I appreciate the time you’ve put into considering the deal and the time you’ve taken to state your opinion. It’s one of the best arguments for a YES vote I’ve heard yet.
I think the notion that this actually gives us control over the NEA and a seat at the table is a farce. Current jetblue leadership doesn’t give a rip what is written regarding the agreement. Clearly…since we are fighting a blatant disregard for a black and white prohibition like 1F8. It doesnt get more clear cut than this. If anyone thinks we can terminate this in 8 years, I got this awesome ocean view house in Montana to sell you. We could say we want it gone, they will do it anyway, we will grieve it, we will get LOA69 that gives a 2% raise (less than inflation) with some other stupid crap thrown in, and we will let the violation continue in perpetuity. I don’t think this LOA and it’s teeth are quite as ironclad as people (including the union) think it’s is. Just think how ironclad they said scope was before, look at where we are at now, and ask yourself, “why is it any different this time?”