Thread: Why Mesa?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 08:49 AM
BlockO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2021

I’ll be honest and say at OO I was only wanting to fly the ERJ only because I am familiar with it. With the delays that are happening over there in general and radio silence new trainees are getting regarding IOE and getting sent home after indoc with no return dates in sight doesn’t sit well with me.

I only applied to DFW based regionals. OO hasn’t responded yet. Envoy responded with a generic email to update my airline app and after I do to email envoy recruiting which I did and no response since then. I only have about 100hrs on the ERJ so not sure if I can start as a street CA or feel comfortable with that as I am still learning the plane.

Mesa was quick. Applied on a fri and got a phone screen Monday with an interview scheduled 3 days later and got the yes the following Monday. I talked to a couple of guys(one just finished his IOE)on the CRJ and footprint was 3.5 months. I really don’t want be sitting home and collecting pay.

Yeah, that’s the word I have been getting if I start on the 9 at Mesa and if I want to upgrade it would have to be I to the ERJ.

How did you feel the training was on at Mesa for the CRJ? Instructors? I also noticed the 9 does decent legs of length. It flies all the way out west. I do like the ERJ, but it took me a while to understand the high level of automation of the plane.

Thank you Porky and Avgeek. I will wait on OO till this weekend then will prob just head out for the April class at Mesa.