View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 02:49 PM
Just
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
I’m not fearful and not weak. Several points-

1) I voted no, just like you. I am respecting the vote, even though I disagree with 60%.

2) as for my “lesser of 2 evils” comment my thinking is as follows. Voting No just put our future in the hands of the arbitrator. In the arbitrator’s letter, he specifically said he can’t comment on the NEA or it’s future- that is outside his scope. He could have done a cease and desist letter, awarded us damages or nothing at all. No one knows and it was a gamble for both sides how he would rule. While I disagree, voting yes makes the company ask for union approval to continue after 5 years. That is not insignificant.

3) I hear a lot of folks say CK should be recalled. If people really do feel that strongly, contact your reps and make it an order of business at the next meeting.

4) I hate being in the “if you don’t like it, leave” crowd. But I think it does need to be an objectively considered for many. Delta JFK A320 captain went to a new hire, United NB captain goes super junior on the coasts. No longer are the days of “I can’t leave because of seniority” yes you will be junior— but you will be a captain at a legacy as a new hire. It’s worth a consideration and may even be the right choice given your personal circumstances— even if you are already a A320 captain. The age of golden handcuffs is gone.

In summary, I’m just looking forward. I cannot change the past. I cannot control how other people view the world. I can only vote with my best interests in mind and look to the future and hope CBA 2 turns into the CBA we can all be proud of. To move forward, we all need to be on the same team.
I’ll speak my mind to a yes voter, but I’m not out to hang anyone. I think this will prove itself one of the most ill informed votes for our group. There can be no unity after this, scope is the single most important thing to a growing airline, we will suffer because of this. Unity died with this vote.