View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 09:17 AM
Whica Flore
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default JetBlue pilots sold scope

Originally Posted by Flyhayes View Post

A business mentor of mine taught me, "if a company isn't growing, it's dying". I'm not sure where we are going to sustain ourselves on the slow "organic" growth that previously served us well, as all the other airlines lap us.

The legacies are not growing. They are mature businesses that hold virtual monopolies at their fortress hubs. Career progression is based solely on turnover of retirees. Not on growth of the business

All jetblue career progression is based purely on growth. But growth rates slow overtime. Its easier to double in size when you are a small business with room to grow. Going from 25 to 50 aircraft is very achievable. That same growth in real terms now (25 airplanes) is 10% of current fleet but once upon a time it was doubling in size.

Our list has grown by 33% in 5 years. The projections are for 500 per year for the foreseeable future (15% growth PA).

I get the reason why folks are choosing the legacies.

But what exact kind of growth at jetblue do you deem to be sufficient, and more importantly realistic?

We are where we are as a business. Only thing that changed our size quickly is M&A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk