View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 04:22 AM
Dixie320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

I commuted from Spain for two years. I never missed a commute, and I tried to move my schedule around to have big blocks of days off together. I have the benefit of being able to reserve the jumpseat on my own company metal, and my company operates a non-stop between my city in Spain and my domicile. The time zone changes are rough. But the whole commuting thing was a lot rougher on my wife (mentally) than it was for me (mentally, physically, etc). She didn’t handle me being gone for long stretches at a time.

I also have an EASA license, but there’s no way I’d leave a legacy to go to any European carrier at this time.

If you aren’t at one of the big three that has flights to Spain, you may find commuting very challenging at times, especially during peak tourist travel times. And being able to ZED can be hit or miss. In the past when I worked for a regional, I found Iberia and Lufthansa to be pretty reliable for ZED travel, but something like an ATC strike in France, or an airport worker strike in Germany, can make last minute commuting very stressful.