Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 09:17 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
No whining. Just trying to figure out what the current situation would be for a new hire, since this seems to be changing rapidly everywhere. Obviously two or three months paid time off is great, but the problem is with what comes after that. With an 11 day off schedule are you reserve or a line holder? On the 175 or 145? Does anyone in any base holding a line get more than 11 days off at this point, as was typical in the past, or are even the senior guys getting trash schedules? I get the 145 schedules, if that's what you fly, are never going to get better, but I was hoping that eventually on the 175 things would get better. And yes, I know going to class is like playing Russian Roulette where one class is going to end up with 145s at some point even though they're trying to focus on hiring for the 175.
Reserve is 11 days off, for all aircraft.

11 days off is the contractual minimum days off for line holders as well, again, for both aircraft. Once you get a line, timeframe unknown, based on base and aircraft and variable, expect 3-6 months, you can expect to get a line that only has 11 days off. Once you get some seniority, you will start seeing lines with 12 and then 13 days off a month.

For May the average days off across both fleets and all three bases is about 13 days. The majority of lines have 11 or 12 days off. Fewer lines have 13-14 days off, with up to 18 off. You SHOULD never see those lines with more than 14 days off. There are only a handful of those 18 day off lines in the system, meaning you have to be the most senior to get them. If you’re an FO, you should be upgrading long before you get that seniority, which means starting over at the bottom again as a captain with reserve and 11 day off lines. Hopefully you will get out before you have seniority to hold a 13-14 day off line as a captain.