Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 10:07 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
Ok, so not great overall, but if I could hold MIA on the first base bid after whatever base the initial assignment in class would be, that also wouldn't be terrible either since living in base would mean no commute. It seems like airlines are at least very slowly coming around to accept the reality that they are operating beyond their means and need to cut back and allow staffing to catch up. Not to mention the high oil prices and price inflation are going to start negatively affecting demand, and hopefully lead to more 50 seaters going away for good. For me, QOL, or at least QOL defined as being able to hold MIA or anything in South Florida, and drive to work is the most important. More important than upgrading or making every last dollar. I'd just be getting back to 121 after taking the covid period away from 121, and have non-aviation obligations I want to maintain. Being able to drive to work, with so few days off, even as a line holder, would make all the difference for me. I guess I'll keep watching to see how things are going before throwing applications in. Hope things stabilize a bit and they don't start doing forced upgrades again. Thanks for the info either way.
The bid that just closed a few days ago, surprisingly, did not see any forced upgrades. Probably due to a lack back filling vacancies left from those that already had a current or awarded but not yet in training Captain status, which meant overall the net number of upgrades was reduced. Just glancing at the prelim, it looks like about 30 or so.

That means the company is shrinking even faster than most want to admit. But forced upgrades WILL be coming. There are those that are holding out to try to get something more favorable, which just kicks the can down the seniority list.

If you come to Envoy with any qualifying time, you will be a prime candidate for forced upgrade. You have the time, but not the seniority. Consider your choice wisely.