Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 06:53 PM
chihuahua
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
Your only hope at that point, especially since you want MIA, is that the 145s die quickly. While many (most?) would like that, there are only three 175s on order for later this year and no real source of 170s to replace them. That would lead to an even bigger and quicker shrinking of the ‘Voy.

Depending on how much time you have towards upgrade, you could try to sandbag on reserve and NOT fly, but with a staffing shortage you are still likely to accumulate more time than would work for avoiding the forced upgrade. And being on reserve when short staffed, even living in base, is a miserable existence.
No sandbagging for me, I have over 1000 121.

If the 145s die, wouldn't that help the staffing situation greatly in what would then be a significantly smaller airline? That's kinda what I was hoping. All resources get put towards the 175, and assuming our extremely stressed monopoly money economy doesn't collapse soon, the next few years would continue with the hiring and movement and therefore bring good seniority and a chance of eventually holding an MIA CA spot with a decent schedule and then on from there. That's the trajectory that everyone was kind of on before 2020. I assume AA will still want to operate those 175s for some time.