View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 05:12 AM
dualinput
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by jetlagclub View Post
NK Accumulated Sick+Vac (year 1-9): 1204 hrs
B6 accumulated PTO (yr 1-9): 1278

74 hrs difference there... That transltes to almost 15 days off paid at 5 credit per day, basically a month off adding your monthly days off)

PTO/SIC/VAC is the same thing with different names, but B6 Pilots are better off.

This info is straight out of both CBAs.... a lot of people keep thinking we at NK have the best contract, but none of those have actually seen other CBAs and its all just hear and say... we do have good stuff there (best place I have worked so far (applicable) does not mean is the best of the best). That being said, B6 has a superior contract in 99% of the matters.
And that my dear friends, become the standard starting point for our eventually JCBA.
Luckily we don't get to chose, because I have noticed that the general sentiment at NK is that people prefer to go the Green way...
Peace
Noted and thank you. I’ll be the first to say we are far from the best work rules. This is a myth sold to potential new hires and the line pilots start to actually believe it. Like most pilots I found my little niche at this company and how I like to exploit the contract for me personally. I’m actually pretty educated on other airline contracts but far from an expert. There would have to be massive change in a JB/spirit JCBA from what JB currently has for me to continue to play my game. I don’t like learning new games unless it nets me more money AND more time off.