View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 07:26 AM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by DamnThatWasFast View Post
I'm just telling you what two separate people said in two separate interviews. I'm not anti frontier. They were both interviewed by the person that goes by their nick name.
I have no idea who that is nor do I care. The point I think that's relevant is that we are turning away people still - in the application and interview stages. The real question is what RATE of declination is occurring. 30%? 50 or higher? So far, we've made minimal gains to the seniority list as of the past 1.5 years. Right now, there is a RACE to get qualified applicants. Not only is every airline hiring, but new hires can and do leave for what they consider greener pastures. In this current environment, it's impossible to calculate any sort of retention % as Im sure it's completely month to month. If AA or another shrinks/declares bankruptcy or say Skywest hits critical mass and decides to fold, then those statistics change.

Meanwhile, we remain at the bottom of the barrel. I suspect we will NEVER hit hiring/retention targets until conditions improve OR other airlines fail. The market dictates all.