Thread: Cathay hiring?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:17 PM
ryguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B777 FO

Hey KODI3,

Congrats on the invite, you have plenty of time to study. The one book that everyone has been expected to read is "Handling the Big Jets" by Davies. Many also study "Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators" but any good Aero. book would help for review, also a good meteorology book will help . Go to the Fragrant Harbour Wannabes on PPRuNe and search for the info. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you some notes that also helped me study.

For company info use the CX website and Wikipedia. You will need to know that stuff as current as possible when you go. Know the names of the officers and company stuff etc., especially the record profit we announced last week. The company made almost a billion US dollars profit in 2007.

As for me, I interviewed in November and December of 2006 and started in July of 2007. Good luck and if you have any more question feel free to ask. A lot of your questions will be answered on PPRuNe so spend some time searching on there. Be careful if you wander into the other Fragrant Harbour forum, there are some angry guys posting in there. For what it is worth I am very happy here.