View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 08:56 AM
CRJJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
Disclaimer: I'm currently on a leave of absence so my info is a little dated, but it's 15-17 days on/month, split up across 1-3 trips. So maybe 6 on, then 4 or 5 off, then 10 on or something like that. Maybe 6, 6, and 5 with days off. Occasionally there's just 15-17 days on (with 24/7 sprinkled throughout). We have 30 day (1 month) and 60 day (2 calendar month) lines, and it's a little more common to get 17 straight days across the transition portion of a 60 day line. So a 60 day line might look like 8 on, sizeable chunk of days off, then 9 on to end the month/8 to start the next, then another 7, 8, or 9 days to close out the second month. AFAIK there are very few trips that actually start in CVG on the 737, so you'll almost always be deadheading to work, typically on a commercial flight (but occasionally company metal). This works great for gateway folks since they can travel on a workday, instead of before, but if you're local you won't care too much other than the deadhead starts your time away from base rig (CRT).
Things haven't changed much other than now we get 32/7. Other than that, all looks the same. I've been here for 2 years, and I haven't flown in/out of CVG ONCE haha. But now we do a ton of ILN, which for gateway purposes is like starting at CVG really. So you probably lose a day anyways. Lots of lines starting at ILN.